Friday, November 19, 2010

BLOGGING ABOUT TECHNOLOGY AND EDUCATION: Chapter 1

BLOGGING ABOUT TECHNOLOGY AND EDUCATION: Chapter 1: "

I agree wholeheartedly, the issue of decreased funding for technology and education overall has really been difficult this year. My district (Birmingham City) is feeling the pinch of the recession as well. This is the first year in my twelve years of teaching that we have not even received pupil supply funds. I would use the two allocations of $250 each for basic supplies and classroom materials. Also, we are hoping to get new computers next year and software. Teachers are to expecting their own computer as well. As educators, we continue to encourage and motivate our students to continue to strive for academic excellence. Currently, we're using what we have and trying not to focus on what we don't have. My students just completed an assignment in which they had to create a brochure using Microsoft Publisher. They were assigned a short story from the Elements of Literature text and were required to use the elements of a short story as their headings. They loved being exposed to technology.

1 comment:

  1. Janice White
    Dec. 2 2010

    I agree, funding have been hard for me too, this year. We did not get any allocation money for our classroom. We had to buy supplies for our classroom ourself. This year have not been a good year for me.

    ReplyDelete